Friday 13 March 2009

We’re back!

…and I’m sure you missed me dreadfully. Unfortunately, we hit a bit of a snag these past 2 weeks, as hyper active VC internet filters cut our access to the blog. But, after fighting the good fight, I’ve managed to get us up and running. You can thank me in chocolate (or, better yet, first class essays).



Also, hello there to the little cluster of non-Cape Townian readers we’ve sprouted! I've had three emails from non VC students...and that's just this week. Although I unfortunately won’t be able to critique your essays and work like I do with my own students, you’re very welcome to work along with us. You're also very welcome to leave comments on the posts.


So, what’s been happening at VC Cape Town?

Macbeki, for one. Fifteen of us went on Tuesday night and watched Macbeth…SA style. It was many things – overly long and hard to hear, yes, but highlights included the disgruntled ‘previously advantaged’ porter, Macbeki’s overly-zealous verbal referencing and Lady Manto’s drunken “come, you spirits” speech. Let’s do it again!



On an academic front, boy have we hit crunch time, people. Midterms, essay deadlines and the pressure of reading the novels in time has taken hold. REMINDER: you are writing your English midterm on Friday 20th March, the same day your two UNISA essays are due. It's a lot to juggle, but please don't drop any of those balls.

On that note, come and talk to me if you feel things are getting to you, ok? I promise to only get slightly mad to hear you still haven’t bought the book, etc. Rather let’s fix it while we’ve got time than stick our heads in the proverbial sand. It’s only going to get crazier.

Of course, there are some things I can't do for you: attend class for you, read your novels for you, make your notes. If you're not doing that....eish, sweetheart.


I'll post a couple of assignment hints this weekend for you. Check this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment